TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Happy Birthday indeed. What a shame Ford had to kill the Bird. I've owned a whole flock. A 65, 71, 78, 93 and 95. Does that make me dedicated:rolleyes: Of all of them, that 71 was a real sleeper. Had a 429 that did impressive things that I can't talk about due to forum rules;)

Bob
I nwish I had some parts off that 71.....damn government..

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Bump! Happy Birthday!

Fifty-Fifth anniversary this month~!

Here's a fine example from the sixties (I think it's a '61 "Bullet Bird") that I saw on display in Pennsylvania this past summer.

Sniff...

God, I miss my 63... :(

Those pics are great, guys.

:zbeer:

Discussion starter · #26 · (Edited)
It's interesting that the LAST (MN12) Thunderbird rolled off the line just 4 days shy of 43 years after very FIRST Thunderbird.

Anyway, Happy 59th Birthday to The Thunderbird!

:eek:I wander if those first 1955 Tbirds could actually reach 150mph like their speedometer says.
I was thinking the same thing! Prolly 110 max speed, though the speedo might optimisticly read 130 for bragging rights.

Al

My 1963 averaged ~101mph everyday on the interstate for a week, in the 80's, going to school; till I calculated out how fast I was going. :facepalm:

10 minutes of that time was in bumper to bumper traffic; I'd hate to know what I peaked, on drum brakes in a 5500 lb car. :eek:

A trooper told me once you couldn't read radar off that car from the front; IDK if that's true or not. But he was pissed when he said it... :)

Here's a fine example from the sixties (I think it's a '61 "Bullet Bird") that I saw on display in Pennsylvania this past summer.
Other than being a 'vert, it looks just like my 63. :)

The last time I saw my 63, it was fully restored, rechromed, and beautiful, like this one you posted. My car was baby blue, with a blue on white interior.

Sold to a movie company last I heard, 20 years ago. :dunno:

390 V8 4bbl.

Weirdest thing about these cars: The windshield wipers are hydraulic, and run off the power steering pump. :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.