TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Many have had success drilling small holes into the hub, screwing in small screws/bolts, then pulling it out. Sounds pretty tedious to me!!

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Use one of those universal pullers that you can hook the piece with. You may have to remove the front cover (pita, I know, but it is what it is).

If you can't hook a puller to it, you may have to 'tack weld' some metal rods to it so that you can rig up a slide hammer to get it off.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I might use a bearing puller, or a 2/3 jaw puller after removing the timing cover .. sometimes you can drill holes on the top side ( not ino the crank snout .. and crack it with a chisel ).

Either way, replace it with a BHJ balancer .. its the only safe insurance to prevent future breakage.

·
Registered
390 Posts
h/b

my h/b broke last month and left me stranded in the bx.towed it back home and had to wait for replacement and warmer weather lol.i used the dremel...with a carbide tip, drilled slowly into the neck,1 very small hole on both sides of the neck,used to long small metal screws to screw it the neck with washers.took my steering wheel puller and out she came.take ur time and watch when u pull b/c u might pull out the front seal.........the neck has the head over the sleeve. then used the same carbide tip to drill into the bolt that seared off.try and get it in the middle or as close as possable and half way,then take the same size ...:easy out bit: tap it in with a hammer,use vise grips and turn it the oppsit dir and the bolt will come out.if u have all the tools u should get er done in less then a hr.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts