TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Yeah these cars arent worth much these days...I bought my first one for 8500 bucks in 2000, high book was 10K, low was around 8. Good if you want to buy, bad if you want to sell.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
same, i love my car, i don't plan on selling her. aaaand i know with the giant rust hole in the kick panel and stuff, shes worth dirt... :tongue:

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Mines custom insured, like a few others on here. Mine isn't based off of the KBB, or NADA, etc...

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
Nope, couldn't care less either. My car isn't an investment.
+1

My car is priceless to me. :D

I won't bore you with details but there's a lifetime of sentimental value in my car.

Not my lifetime but the car's lifetime. I bought it new in the fall of 1994 when I was 23. I am the original and only owner of my car.

I've never sold it, regretted it and bought it back like some people here. ;) :tongue:

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
mine is probably worth the least.........
but like Ron, owned it since day 1....all of 4 miles.

my shocks are probably worth more then the whole car....

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Same here bought used in 97 and been with me ever since, I love it, worth at least 10 grand in my book but I'd never sell it therefore it's priceless

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Same here bought used in 97 and been with me ever since, I love it, worth at least 10 grand in my book but I'd never sell it therefore it's priceless
Same here , But have had it 5 years,The wife new the peps who brought it new ;) And every time I read about a bird getting crunched I cringe.

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
Yep, yep...

Blue book means nothing to me, because I honestly can't ever see myself selling my car.

Among other things:

A) It's too darned comfy
B) It's not fat and ugly like 90% of everything else on the roads
C) RWD, IRS, V8, Coupe... need I say more?
D) First car attachment
E) Thunderbird is in my blood (always been one in the family for almost as long as I can remember)
F) ... Because everyone else drives a Mustang. :D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I say that for 10-15k that you can put in these cars to make them ride absolutely amazing, perform like real street machines, and look fantastic.

What car can you walk on to a lot for that money and get what we have?

Answer NONE!!!

I love my bird and will be getting more that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I have had my T-Bird for 11 years. Recently surpassed my old Talon as the longest I have owned a car!

Brenda has had her Cougar for 9 years.

Aren't many cars I would rather take a long highway trip with, it's a luxury cruiser!

Al

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
I wouldn't want to get rid of it!

I've had mine since brand new with 0 miles on it and still have all the original paperwork, tags, etc.

Its certainly worth more than book to me!

It'll be 16 years old in April. What fun I've had with it all these years. Its like a child to me.

I hope I never have to part with it.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
I've had mine since brand new with 0 miles on it and still have all the original paperwork, tags, etc.

Its certainly worth more than book to me!

It'll be 16 years old in April. What fun I've had with it all these years. Its like a child to me.

I hope I never have to part with it.

Hope you don't either Steve, That is one bad cat !! ;)

·
2,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
That is on bad [email protected]@ cat!!!! What are the list of mods on the car? I would be interested to know, since I'm doing a NA build. Just curious, cause one of the comments on the vid said over 500ft/lbs of torque, that seems like a lot of torque for your times posted in your sig.

Anywho nice cat and I hope you never have to part with her either. :D

·
Registered
645 Posts
My car is too old for KBB so I went on NADA, and average retail is $3,062. No plans to ever sell, but it's nice to know for insurance purposes.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
KBB is just a leverage tool for cheapskates.

Market value dictates how much these cars are actually "worth" - its only worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for it at a given point in time.

That being said, I got my 95 5 speed Super Coupe for FREEE .. but you couldnt tell me its worth less than $5000 .. I wouldnt sell it. ;)

.. insurance is another issue. They are a scam to begin with and will never pay what your car is actually worth in a wreck unless you have modifications to your insurance policy.

·
2,643 Posts
That is on bad [email protected]@ cat!!!! What are the list of mods on the car? I would be interested to know, since I'm doing a NA build. Just curious, cause one of the comments on the vid said over 500ft/lbs of torque, that seems like a lot of torque for your times posted in your sig.

Anywho nice cat and I hope you never have to part with her either. :D

The last time the car was dynoed in 2006 it made 257HP/295 LB ft torque on the motor. On the 125 shot it was 350 HP/503 LB ft Torque.

The Set up is fairly simple:

Stock 1996 cast iron shortblock with PI head/PI cam swap, Bullitt Intake & TB, JBA shorties, 2 1/2 to 3" exhaust out the sides and standard bolt on's. Very good tune also. Hopefully getting an updated one soon.

Stock Tranny J-modded, aftermarket TQ convertor, 4:30 gears

I run a ZEX Dry kit on the spray with a 125 shot. Like I said, the engine and drivetrain is nothing special.

I have custom made Subframe connectors and DS loops under the car along with Adjustable air bags in the rear springs and aftermarket rear shocks.

The car in that configuration has gone a best of 13.1 @ 104+ MPH and 11.89 @ 113+ on the spray and that is with full interior, all belts etc, with only the spare and jack removed. I run on front skinnies on stock aluminum spares and stock rear wheels with either a 26" tire normally on the motor and 28" drag tires on the Nitrous runs. The car in that configuration was weighed on two seperate occasions with driver at right around 3750-3800+ lbs.

The configuration is slightly different now and I made initial passes late last fall with that. That is when it went 12.94 NA on the motor on larger 27" drag tires. It still needs retuned and tweaked. Hopefully we'll see what happens this season with an updated tune and tires.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts