TCCoA Forums banner

Has anyone bought this "HID's"?

1K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  thewishkah 
I have had my HID's in since end of October and am really happy with them, I got them from an ebay seller with 100% posotive feedback with a 7-9 k rating If I can find the company I will send you the name.

The sellers name is nissangtrpower with 100% positive feed back with 10598 sales. here is the item number so you can see the kit I orderd 320043726986. These are just the low beams with 6000k bulbs. You want to keep the bulb temp lower for better light output, such as 4300k is the brightest light output but no color, 6000k is whiteish/blue(less light on the road) 8000k is very blue 10000k is blue/purple, and 12000k are purple but you can't see sh*t on the road in the rain. heres some pics...

This photo is with the headlights properly angled.

This one is before I reaimed my headlights

Keep in mind these are with out projectors in semi yellowed lenses.

As for hiding the wiring you could mount the balast's under the top of the rad supportand keep the wires wire tied neatly. My balast and ignitor are one piece, not seperate units and they are supposedly weather proof but I would still try to keep them in a dry spot.

correct those are with 6000k , with 8000k you get that deep blue look but you lose a lot of "usuable" light and in wet weather it will be hard to see the road. basically once you start going higher then 4300k you start to lose usable light, it will look more exotic but it will be harder to see. I will try to get you a picture of my hid's next to a benz or a bmw's and you will see how much more light I put on the ground then them. I was amazed at the difference when I first saw them side by side.

the glare wont be bad if you adjust your headlights well enough, in my first pic with the altima thats with out projectors and I havent gotten flashed or pulled over once for them.
p.s. any thing that is added to the car (such as lights) that are not factory are technicaly illega atleast thats what I have heard. But as long as you have them aimed well and dont give the cops a reason to pull you over I doubt you will have any issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.