TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Plus crushed oregano and italian-style salad dressing. "Heart attack in a bowl." Deeelicious.

·
Registered
239 Posts
if you want it really tasty, cut up a clove of garlic, fry it in oil and then apply to the pasta after its drained,

to really set it off add parmesan AND ragano cheese!!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
tommywdetroit said:
Spaghetti noodles with LOTS of butter and parmesean cheese? If not, I suggest you do so, or i'll... do... something... bad.
For a change of pace you can also add Mac & Cheese!

If you are cash poor i have a suggestion or two. Several years ago I had a few bad months and it forced me to keep the meals pretty basic. I got it down to about 2.00 per meal and still had enough to keep me going!

Morning = Oatmeal or bowl of generic cerial and glass of milk.

One week = 12.00

Lunch
Cold meat or cheese sandwich, chips (generic big bags) and can of pop.

One week = 14.00

Supper
Mac & Cheese, canned soup or Frozen Pizza

One week = 19.00

Total food bill for the week 45.00 divided by 21 meals = 2.14 per meal

OK, I agree, it's not gourmet dinning by any means but it was enought to get by on.

ALSO, never turn down a chance to visit a friend during the dinner hour!!!!! :D

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
you can get a case of 24 ballpark frank corndogs for $7. i suggest trying these. they're good in the microwave or on the foreman. and if ya wanna get real fancy, use mustard. lots and lots of mustard. it gives me what my girl calls "mustard gas."

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
George Foreman grills are the best! :thumbsup:

Never thought of making corndogs on them, I will have to try that

We should start a TCCOA cookbook :D

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
BlackTbird96 said:
We should start a TCCOA cookbook :D
Does my 3-day spaghetti sauce go in there?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I love my pasta like that. been eating it that way since i don't know when. That's some goooood ****.

-Miller

·
Registered
722 Posts
miller1995 said:
I love my pasta like that. been eating it that way since i don't know when. That's some goooood ****.

-Miller
I like to do the pasta ...... drain it and then add "Garlic and Herb" salad dressing to it!

It doesn't produce "mustard gas" but it can produce something that can clear the room in a hurry ....... :D :D :D :D

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

Does my 3-day spaghetti sauce go in there?
damn, it takes you 3 days to make spaghetti sauce?? :D

ramen all the way. i got a case of 12 for 2 washingtons at walmart.

glowing escape said:
or the parents or other family! they usually feed you the best....
aint that the truth. and they stuff you full too :)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
One thing I cant do is the spagetti thing...that's my sister's broke a$$ food...doesnt do it for me, just makes me depressed. For me, it's all about chicken cup 'o noodles...and if I'm broke, but slightly less broke, it's velveta (or the store brand) shells & cheese...love that stuff...or pretty much any mac & cheese.

Earl

·
Registered
397 Posts
Haha, all this brings back memories...
I lived alone for a summer and I got the food shopping thing down to a science. Nothing fancy, you want quaker bag cereal in the morning, hot dogs or 49 cent burritos with store-brand chips and dip for lunch (and don't buy cans, get the 79 cent store brand soda bottles), and either pasta, frozen pizza (mama celeste!), or cheap steak for dinner, with some rolls to make you feel like you're not *that* poor. And I had to grab some oreos every time I went grocery shopping, that was my one splurge. All that added up, I spent about 20 bucks every time I went to the store, which was about 3 times every 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
chilipepprflea said:
dammit you guys are making me HUNGRY! and i just ate a meal at 1!
while you were typing that, i was eating a quesadilla with homemade salsa, cheddar cheese, taco bell sauce:gapteeth: and refried beans... then i cooked up some bacon, made some toast, and fried an egg in the bacon grease and made myself a nice little sandwich. middle of the night meals are good.... -greg

·
Registered
635 Posts
you can get these cans of like pasta, or rotini (sp), and other things at walmart for like 76 cents a can. The great value brand is what it is. Does me good. I like to scramble eggs. Bag of great value chicken breast for 7 bucks and a foreman grill will last ya a good week or so. Get some seasoning. Lemon pepper is good. O yea and down south we drink ICE TEA...make a pitcher, should last ya a good couple days. Last me about a day or so....i drink it like water

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
we go through koolaid here like mad... cept we use the cheaper store brand thats like $1.29 for a package of 20.. so we have drink for about 10 days, costs 1.29 for the concentrate, 1.50 for the bag of sugar and like 30 cents in water.... good deal id say. -greg

1 - 20 of 52 Posts