TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if they still do this for free and I also see that on 93 Sc`s they will replace the throttle body. anyone had this done?

·
Registered
935 Posts
My mom had her ignition replaced on her 93 Areo Star and now it's f'd up! Key has to be just perfect for it to start..it's crap. I think all of us in the family would rather run the risk of the van burning up then having to mess with the replacement igniton. I've always went with the phrase, "if it's not broke don't fix it..." It has some exceptions but I don't think the ignition is one of them.

-Tim

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Tim Groth said:
My mom had her ignition replaced on her 93 Areo Star and now it's f'd up! Key has to be just perfect for it to start..it's crap. I think all of us in the family would rather run the risk of the van burning up then having to mess with the replacement igniton. I've always went with the phrase, "if it's not broke don't fix it..." It has some exceptions but I don't think the ignition is one of them.

-Tim
Unless it's one of the ones that can catch fire and burn the whole car down. Seems to me there was a switch recall about this at some point on some major brand.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
i had my ignition switch replaced on the recall. Call you dealer ship and they can tell you if yours has been done yet or if your car qualifies for it. its done off of the vin number. I was the third owner of mine, so i don't get the mailed letter about the recall. My neighbor was an orignal owner of an '89 and she got the letter and told me about it. I called after i heard about it. its been probably 4-5 years since it was done.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I was wondering...

Would they give me an ignition that uses my existing keys? Because the door and ignition are the same key. Will I just have to carry around 3 keys to have access to my car?

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
the part that was under the recall was some plastic thing that slides that is operated from the turning if the key. I think i asked for my part or saw a pic. its been quite a while. not actually the key cylinder. i kept the same key.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts