TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on doing the swap on a 94 4.6. I know I need to do the PI head swap and upgrade the fuel system. Is there any other major mods/problems. What kind of power gains are people seeing from doing this swap?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Seems you are a bit confused. The cobra motor is DOHC while the 4.6 from a bird or cat is SOHC meaning the intakes are not interchangable. I am asuming you have a SOHC motor because of the PI heads question but if you have a mark 8 this swap may be possible i don't know for sure.

-Miller

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
He probably means the Bullitt intake?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think he was talking about <a href="http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/Cobra%20Special%20Purchase.htm">this </a>

I was looking at it too..

I dunno if it'll fit or not?

:D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I dont think It will fit, maybe cause of its for DOHC and our car is SOHC, besides isnt it DOH bigger than SOHC?? That $hit looks BIG.... But hey, you never know. Someone correct me please if I am wrong..:confused:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I saw that too. I was also wondering if that would fit. But I figured that the intake was for a dohc and that it wouldn't match up.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Thats what I am concerned to..... We need the big guys to help us on that topic.. :D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Dr. FrankenCougie said:

You done did figured it correct like.

:uppoint: :uppoint: :uppoint:

LOL I knew it:eek: . Thanks Dr. :D

·
Registered
987 Posts
So would that intake fit a '93 Mark Engine?

Sam

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sure it will fit!!!!!!

Once you put on some 99+ DOHC heads that is :)

slayer said:
So would that intake fit a '93 Mark Engine?

Sam
That intake is for the tumble port heads, and no it won't bolt to your car either. However I do believe the 96-98 intake will fit.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
It looks to be the Bullit intake, not he Cobra intake ... if it is the bullit intake, it will fit the SOHC but you may need P&P or PI heads to get the full potential from it. If its a cobra intake like it says, but i think they should clarify if its the cobra or bullit; DOHC or SOHC 4.6s, then it wont fit our engines... SOHC.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
that pic looks nothing like the Bullitt manifold. Another thing to consider..the DOHC head has 2 intake ports and 2 exhaust ports....how the hell would a DOHC manifold match up to a SOHC head..its common sense think about it.

joseph

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
that pic looks nothing like the Bullitt manifold. Another thing to consider..the DOHC head has 2 intake ports and 2 exhaust ports....how the hell would a DOHC manifold match up to a SOHC head..its common sense think about it.

joseph
It has nothing to do wityh the amount of valves as to why it wont work, as it has the same amount of ports from the intake. The differance is that the DOHC heads are larger and the ports that the intake bolts to is closwer together because of this, so the intake is actually narrower in size than a SOHC intake.

~Kris

·
Registered
987 Posts
So I apologize, i am a bit slow. If it is the Bullit intake will it work on a 93/94 Mark DOHC? Or no still. If so is it because of the tumble port heads?

Sam

1 - 20 of 21 Posts