1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
833 Posts
I would think that any repair information, charts, diagrams and so on would be a good thing to have sitting around in case you need them. I had a set of motor manuals that ranged from 85 - 02 (covered Ford/GM/Mopar) that got water logged. Less than amused about it either.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I was really looking for were the FSM and EVTM (still looking, btw). I don't know if there is enough info in the other books to justify spending the extra coin for them.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
All I was really looking for were the FSM and EVTM (still looking, btw). I don't know if there is enough info in the other books to justify spending the extra coin for them.
Sometimes the diagnostics routines in the shop manual point to the OBD books, but otherwise those same routines were written by an engineer looking at the EVTM wiring diagrams to pinpoint problems in the electrical system.

As a mechanic, the only books of use to me would be the EVTM for wiring schematics, and the Shop manual for torque specs / rebuilding information.

The PDI book is basically useless - more of a collectors item than a diagnostics tool.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sometimes the diagnostics routines in the shop manual point to the OBD books, but otherwise those same routines were written by an engineer looking at the EVTM wiring diagrams to pinpoint problems in the electrical system.

As a mechanic, the only books of use to me would be the EVTM for wiring schematics, and the Shop manual for torque specs / rebuilding information.

The PDI book is basically useless - more of a collectors item than a diagnostics tool.
That's all I need it for. I'm planning an engine swap and wanted the diagrams and torque info. Plus they're handy to have.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Books no I have the CDs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts