I like that as well. Clean job

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
7,551 Posts
Who's Lincoln is that? I thought I had the only 97/98 Mark with a 5-speed.

·
Super Moderator
17,139 Posts
Oops forgot the link. This is a 6 speed.
I know many have done 5 speed swap but there are few that have completed a 6 speed on their cars.
Many say it requires a lot of fabrication.
http://templeperformancecars.com/online-store.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=151&category_id=43
I know of two, one a 93 with a 5.0 and T56 and lil mikey's termi swapped 95 SC with the TR6060. I think a few SC guys might have them by now as well.

The trans crossmember basically needs to be custom made

·
Registered
833 Posts
Would this transmission kit put the shifter in the correct location with the correct drive shaft on a sc? As well what else would be needed to make it work for the sc aside from the bell housing?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This car belongs to someone named Larry Carroll, and its a 6 speed.

I know of two, one a 93 with a 5.0 and T56 and lil mikey's termi swapped 95 SC with the TR6060. I think a few SC guys might have them by now as well.

The trans crossmember basically needs to be custom made
Would the trans crossmember from a Mark VIII work on MN12s?

·
Super Moderator
17,139 Posts
This car belongs to someone named Larry Carroll, and its a 6 speed.

Would the trans crossmember from a Mark VIII work on MN12s?
The stock crossmembers are virtually identical. The problem is the T56 and TR6060 rear mounts don't wind up in the same spot as they do with the 4R70w or T45, therefore require some fabrication to make a rear mount work

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
The stock crossmembers are virtually identical.
They are similar, but not that close. The Mark has a rectangular mount and uses 2 bolts to secure the trans mount. The Tbird has one in the middle and a bump in the metal - I had to grind down the bump and drill 2 new holes to use a Tbird X-member with my DOHC swapped Tbird using the Mark trans mount to make it sit flat.

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
Forum member Mad1stGen has converted many a Gen2 and a couple Gen1s from automatic to manual. He's working an a 98 LSC right now, and even with long tube headers. His work is documented on the LOD forum in this thread.

One of his most epic builds is "Pullied 3 - Another total makeover". This is a gorgeous black 96 LSC that goes stock to wild with a manual and supercharger on a crate engine. Hopefully you can see the threads. He's the go-to guy when it comes to Mark VIIIs.

I'm sure this can also be done to an MN-12.

·
Super Moderator
7,551 Posts
Forum member Mad1stGen has converted many a Gen2 and a couple Gen1s from automatic to manual. He's working an a 98 LSC right now, and even with long tube headers. His work is documented on the LOD forum in this thread.

One of his most epic builds is "Pullied 3 - Another total makeover". This is a gorgeous black 96 LSC that goes stock to wild with a manual and supercharger on a crate engine. Hopefully you can see the threads. He's the go-to guy when it comes to Mark VIIIs.

I'm sure this can also be done to an MN-12.
Cool! I knew of several manual trans Gen1s, including that 96LSC, but I didn't know he had done any Gen2s as well. Cool!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts