TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any information,...i.e personnal experience with any ding repair. whether professonal or home repair type. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
855 Posts
i'm looking for the same info,.....i have a few minor dents that are extremely small but slightly annoying. you can only see them at certain angles and only if you JUST wash/wax the car......i still would like the piece of mind of knowing they're not there anymore as long as it's not for $500.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Here's an idea that I've heard about, but never tried (I don't ding my car up :D):

Get some dry ice, and while holding it with both gloves AND a rag, rub it over the dent. The ice is supposed to cause the metal to shrink, and pull most of the dent out.

Worth the $1 it costs for the hunk of dry ice to find out, eh :)? I'd like to hear if that would work.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't ding my own car either but.....

There are a gazillion people here in san diego that do!!!! Had a woman open her big @$$ SUV door into my wife's 98 gt mustang convertible (her baby) about a week or two after she got it. My wife saw her do it too!!! Holy cow it was better then the Jerry Springer show!!!! I bet that lady doesn't do that again.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Saw Something..

Saw something on an infomercial ( not that i believe these guys at all). Just thought i might mention it, it's clled the Ding King...forgot how it works, but if you stay up late enough you will see it.

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
get a toilet plunger and go at it. It will pull it out. And it will make people laugh as you do it. They even sell the little one that are for sinks.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Re: Saw Something..

BeirutsFinest said:
Saw something on an infomercial ( not that i believe these guys at all). Just thought i might mention it, it's clled the Ding King...forgot how it works, but if you stay up late enough you will see it.

BeirutsFinest
That is how the pros do it, but that is made out of cheap materials. the pro kit costs 10 times as much for a good reason.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just curious, but has anyone tried any of these opinions?

I have heard of the dry ice before. The others sound pretty cheesy to me. I don't buy things from infomericals, much less watch them. By the way if you don't believe it yourself why would you suggest it??? The ding I'm talking about is a small one caused by some #$%#& opening their car door into mine. The paint is still there just a small ding. infomercials?!!?!?!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sorry for the misunderstanding....

But, I wasn't suggesting it...If you read the post carefully, i was just mentioning it....just because i don't believe it doesn't mean others don't...and it also doesn't mean it doesn't work....I agree though, i wouldn't buy anything from an infomercial either....I was just throwing the ding King out there as a cheap option.

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
855 Posts
my mom has a friend who is an old lady that buys EVERYTHING off the tv infomercials.........i mean EVERYTHING.......for $29.99 i think i might try and convince her to buy this "ding king" and see how it works :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
My neighbor is a Paint and body guy and he said give the King King thing a go. It is cheap and works. If you are like me and have multiple door dings and paint chips it is an inexpensive way to clean them up. ( wife drove the car for 5 years , ugghh )

http://www.dingking.com/ at least give it a read...

·
Registered
118 Posts
ill have to find someone with that and give it a try, i just found the slightest ding in the fender of my 93 sc, which i had repainted a few months back, judging by where the ding is and the fact that there is no chip on it whatsoever, im thinking it was painted over and they didnt see it. its not too bad but ugh you know how you get miffed when you find them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts