TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok today i was playing around with the cougar and dropped it in to first...

brought it up to like 4500 and manually shifted into second..and the tires chirped

they dont chirp with its just in drive

is this normal for them to chirp when manually shifting?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd have to ask. What kind of mods do you have? Just remember when looking for help on these forums you will get more help when you give more information. Tires make a big difference in weather they will chirp into 2nd. You will deffiantly get a firmer shift when manualy shifting. It is hard to do bone stock however, from my experience it is possible.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It is easier for me to chirp second when manually shifting also, so I think you are OK.

However, if you are hot-rodding that 94 tranny, you better get the j-mod and a cooler on the car. If you don't, you are asking for failure. They are supposed to be the worst ones.

Just a friendly warning,
Rob

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yea i know from first hand exp... 94 trannys suck. I never did the manual shifting (by the way... thats the quickest way to mess it up also). But i hot rodded my cougar a lot. And what did i get? An internal leak causing my intermediary clutch to slip >_<. Take care of that tranny or it will cost ya lol.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
what about the 96-97 trannies? Ive chirped the tires in 2nd gear on a warm day a few times, i can feel the rear end get real loose sometimes. Bonestock car here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts