TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my exhaust done yesterday, at least how i finally wanted it.

the car has a catless y pipe to replace stock, 2 dynomax race bullets on the midpipe, then splits into a rear y pipe and 2 tips out the back, ill try to get a sound clip soon so you guys can hear it, i personally think it sounds just like a mustang gt with slp loudmouths, not too loud, or anything.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Red96Bird said:
i personally think it sounds just like a mustang gt with slp loudmouths, not too loud, or anything.
not hatin or anything....but last time I heard a Rustang with anything SLP was annoying and loud as hell...

thats like trying to put the words big block and gas mileage in the same sentence:tongue:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
_95badbird said:
not hatin or anything....but last time I heard a Rustang with anything SLP was annoying and loud as hell...

thats like trying to put the words big block and gas mileage in the same sentence:tongue:
maybe, but if ur anything like me, the louder the better. my brothers '00 GT with vortech SC, catless X pipe and 2 magnaflows out back was LOUD. wasnt even throaty, it was VERY raspy and annoying as hell to everyone else but ppl would be looking around on the highway to se what that sound is when ur cruising at 65 3 car lenghts behind them ahah. I loved it.....then he sold it:(

·
Registered
974 Posts
_95badbird said:

I liked SLP loudmouths at wide open throttle on mustangs. And especially like em on LS1 Camaro's/Firebird's. Buhhht then again not a fan of loudmouths at partial and medium throttle...

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
driving with a pi engine and open headers was a great sound for my tbird ;)

too bad in cali i NEEd my cats or else bad things will happen....

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
DAYM that sounds awsome. So let me get it straight, its catless with 2 bullet mufflers that goes into one pipe and then back to 2 at the end? I just might have to do that.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Red96Bird said:
2.5 inch mufflers with 4.0 inch body, overall 16.5 inches long each. 37.00 from summit
I have those same exact mufflers, same dimensions and everything. I personally bought them because they are so similar to SLP loudmouth 2's. And a couple of my buddies have loudmouth 2's which in my opinion sound a little better than loudmouth 1's. Nice exhaust by the way.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i just did my exhaust recently i gutted the front cats, removed the third and resonator, and used a camaro style raven (Old Midas Brand) muffler and 3" tips. Illl get some sound clips when the snow goes away.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
whats the point of putting 2 mufflers in a row?

I bet it sounds the same with 1 muffler....

as long as you like it!!

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just to quiet it down a bit....

as far as these...i went with them because of cost vs slp loudmouths... 210.00 for 2 slps or only 74 for 2 of these.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Red96Bird said:

as far as these...i went with them because of cost vs slp loudmouths... 210.00 for 2 slps or only 74 for 2 of these.
I got what your sayin...yeah, the price is good....I paid I think $60 each for my Edelbrock mufflers, which were $80, but I talked Summit down!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Red96Bird said:

Exactly. Their basically the same. Obviously SLP's have a very nice polished finished stainles steel outer shell on them. But ah i figure nobody really see's down under the car anyways. Now what i really want is some SLP double walled stainless tips. I've seen some on Ebay for about $75 for the pair. Just can't justify spending $75 on something just for looks. :zdunno:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Question... where did you get your catless downpipes? Ive had trouble finding some... i had to just gut my cats instead, but i get a odd sound from them, sounds kinda ****ty under normal accelerating.

·
Registered
974 Posts
If you want some catless downpipes you will have to have somebody custom fabritcate you one. Shouldn't cost all that much at all. I would say probably $150 for both sides. Probably less if you go to a mom and pops muffler shop. Also when you put on the catless downpipe your car will most likely throw a check engine light. You will either need to use some MIL Eliminators or have Lonnie or someone similar make you a chip to eliminate the check engine light.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
a local performance exhaust shop, besides making the catless Y pipe they also replaced all 4 studs coming out of the manifold. because one of them was broke. i ended up paying 300 cash for the front y pipe..and replacing studs.

oh yea suprising enough.... no paperwork and they only accept cash haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts