TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have spent the last 90 mins. trying to reply to posts on a thread that I created this afternoon. Am a new member to this forum. The error message says I need to make the message at least 3 characters and I have the post in the reply to use it for quotes. Am not familiar with how to use this site. Please help. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
(QUOTE=XR7-4.6;2053217)Are you replying to someone quoting their post? Make sure you post your text either above or below the
tags.

If you’re posting within the quote window your post is counted as part of what you’re responding to and the site will return it as an error(/QUOTE)
I took out the brackets to show how you can break up a quote, and reply to each piece.
That's what it looks like when you quote someone.

If you take and copy this part, (QUOTE=XR7-4.6;2053217) and put it at the beginning of all the individual lines you want to quote, it will do them separately.
Then you have to add the (/quote) piece to close it, or it will be one big quote anyway.

I replaced the square brackets so I can show you how HTML works; square brackets show it as HTML commands for the site software.

This is the first line:
Are you replying to someone quoting their post? Make sure you post your text either above or below the (QUOTE) tags.

Second line:

If you’re posting within the quote window your post is counted as part of what you’re responding to and the site will return it as an error
Copying the open quote part, the text you want, then the close quote part, it will break up into parts.

Does that help?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts