TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have so many things that I have tried to remover the opaque white-ish film on the clear coat. But it is only down the center of the car, hood, top and trunk lid. I bought mothers clay stick and carnuba wax. I tried it in one spot on the hood and it decreased the amount of haze, but is still has that deep dull lock to it. The top is shinny from an angle, but when you look straight at it...Its ugly! I just don't know what to do. Below is all the stuff I have tried:

mothers wax (every thing they offer, like five differant compounds)
miguires wax- form the clear coat scrub to the carnuba wax.
I even used turtle wax paint match wax with color match color stick.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's not the clearcoat starting to come off is it? I dont know, that's what your description kinda sounds like. Any pics?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It sounds like your clearcoat is toast. I've had 3 Fords and they all did that (95 Ranger, 95 F-150 and my current 96 bird). The the Ranger was the only one Ford warrantied (it was less than 36k miles) and it was a total repaint from bumper to bumper. Ford's clearcoat is famous for cracking, spiderwebbing, whatever you call it. Either way you can't get it out unless you buff it with compound but will probably end up burning the paint so all I can tell you is to deal with it or paint it.
Yeah I know it sucks :zsoapbox:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
95 lx, 95 lx, 87 ranger, all did it, on top surfaces light and dark colors, no way to fix it besides new paint

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
The roof of my '96 is starting to spiderweb, dont feel bad man....we all share your pain.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just want to decrease the amount of crud untill I can paint. It is so frustrating. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts