TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have this little 87 pickup (toyota) and im about to change the headgasket on it it blew and i have milky oil, i didnt know what other type of flush i needed to fix this and have NO water in my oil when im done

i have changed the head gaskets on my 3.8 thunderbird so im very familiar w/ it all however i just had a blown gasket, i have a good idea to believe this head on the yota is cracked so i will be buying a new one

what i had planned to do was tear down, replace and clean off things and re-assemble in reverse order then drain the oil fill it up w/ some cheapo 10w40 and run it for about 15 minutes and then drain all that oil out fill it up and roll

??? anything i dont know about

·
Registered
192 Posts
if theres water in the oil-chances are the motors toast-the water wipes all the oil off the bearings, and then they get all chewed up-its really not worth fixing the headgasket on it usually.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I dont know, we've got a number of high mileage post-blown HG 3.8's around here... so I wouldnt automatically say its fried.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i was worried about the bearings but i figured if the motor wasnt blown before i cut it off then it wont be blown when i crank it back up, im only going to have one more crank up with VERY minimal moisture then im immediatly flushing it out and filling it with something else

im gonna crank it for about 10 mins and then drain all that oil and re fill what oil should i use on the flush, like a 0w something, or should i use something thicker to help lube the crank bearings and all like 20w50

1 - 4 of 4 Posts