TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any definitive way to tell if my head gaskets have been replaced? My car is reaching the 200K mark and I am planning some engine work (mainly detailing stuff)over the winter and while the car is off the road thought that I might have the head gaskets replaced. I'll most likely do it anyway, but I'm just curious. I would also like to know what everyone suggests as to what make/model tranny cooler to install. I don't want to start a post riot or anything just would like to hear what everyone thinks is the best setup.
PS....I've got some car audio gear for sale----real nice stuff....cheap.....need money for mods.....nuff said.:cool:

·
Registered
801 Posts
well

Theres really not a particular way to tell if your headgaskets have been replaced unless you take apart the block. Now if you have a 91 those engines were really tough. The engines with the headgasket problems were the 94-95's, and since your car has 200,000 it either had them replaced or didnt. The way i figure it, if my car has no coolant in the oil and its not blowing out white smoke everything is ok. Now on the tranny cooler go with a 24,000 B&M cooler you can purchase one of these from summit racing. Plus its an easy install.

Marvin M.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts