TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Has anybody here used the Chevy 2.8 head studs on the 96-98 3.8?

Several people over at SCCoA said they are a perfect match and even fit better than the 3.8 head studs, on the SC's though, which would be 89-95 model years (94-95 Mustangs also used this same block)

Some people over at V6power.net say the head studs are perfect on the earlier model 3.8's but not the 96-98 3.8's. Have any of you guys used the Chevy 2.8 head bolts on the 96-98 3.8's or do you have anyway of finding out if these will work or not?

I'm trying to clarify this for good so I can know if I should buy these or not.

Thanks

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody at all? I'm pretty convinced the 2.8 Chevy head studs won't work on the 96-98 3.8's just from what I've read but I want to double check. I know there are SEVERAL V6 pros here, where you guys at?

·
5,650 Posts
I do not think they will work. Looking at pictures of the two sets, one from a 95-lower and one from a 96-higher, 4 of the headbolts from a 96-higher look to be much longer than ones from the 95-lower. That said it's probably safe to assume that the studs will be too short.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Blak,

Anyone say which studs ARE good for the 96 to 98 blocks? I've got a 97 block that I just want the throw the splitport setup on. If I can't find the right studs, I know a 95 motor I can buy, and I'll just throw everything on that and pray it works with me computer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts