TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
You do a lot of cool stuff. Good luck and have fun! I've seen some amputees that let themselves go because they don't think they can work through it. But you sure have and are still going. I applaud you. :)

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
There are easier ways to get away from the oppressive heat of Phoenix!

Amazed every time you post what you are doing and have done, after going through what you have!

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Back from McKinley...it was absolutely incredible!

The weather steamrolled us...so we could not get to the summit...this time.

P6210243" media="(max-width: 640px)"> P6210243" media="(max-width: 960px)"> P6210243" media="(max-width: 1920px)">

P6210257" media="(max-width: 640px)"> P6210257" media="(max-width: 960px)"> P6210257" media="(max-width: 1920px)">

·
Administrator
8,011 Posts
You the man, congrats to you and your team! :headbang:

Joe

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
I love that last picture. Absolutely incredible!

If you weren't able to summit where was that picture taken?

Congrats on an amazing accomplishment. So you made it to 14K feet before turning back due to weather?

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love that last picture. Absolutely incredible!

If you weren't able to summit where was that picture taken?

Congrats on an amazing accomplishment. So you made it to 14K feet before turning back due to weather?
Thanks. The picture was taken outside 14K camp at "The edge of the world"...beautiful views across the Alaska Range.

We made it up just shy of 16k feet...but after being stuck at 11k for 4 days and 14k for 8 days, we just ran out of time. When we tried to move up to high camp we got slammed a few hours into the climb. After climbing for over 6 hours we had to call it, just too dangerous to keep going.

Great team, amazing guides...hope to try again next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts