TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger side header is leaking from the head.Is there any real good way to get to the manifold/header bolts???Can I pull the fender liner and access the studs from there???

Thanks

Larry

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Passenger side would be a mess to get to with all the A/C equipment in the way. But, as for the driver's side, I was able to swap the manifold in the car fairly easily. It took two univeral joints and several extensions. I was able to snake the wratchet through the numerous holes in the K-member and frame, getting easy access to the nuts. I think they are 13mm if I recall.

Pete

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
yep you just have to tough it out or pull the motor haha

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Try unbolting the motor mounts and moving the engine to the side .
You should have enough clearance to work .

Thats how I did my head swap but I installed the heads with the manifolds already on the heads .

Hope this helps .

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Passenger side would be a mess to get to with all the A/C equipment in the way. But, as for the driver's side, I was able to swap the manifold in the car fairly easily. It took two univeral joints and several extensions. I was able to snake the wratchet through the numerous holes in the K-member and frame, getting easy access to the nuts. I think they are 13mm if I recall.

Pete
All of my A/C junk is gone and out of the way.I figure there is no need for it.Maybe I will hook it all back up later on.I still have the parts put away for it.
yep you just have to tough it out or pull the motor haha
I am glad you find this humerous.Altough lifting the motor is not hard at all.I can have one of these engine's out withen a few hours.I was just curious if there was an easier way to do this.

Try unbolting the motor mounts and moving the engine to the side .
You should have enough clearance to work .

Thats how I did my head swap but I installed the heads with the manifolds already on the heads .

Hope this helps .
Carlo's,

I might go that route when I do this.Sounds like it would out alittle better than lifting the motor out.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
bump

Anyone else have any more idea's?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts