TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyway to replace the header without taking the whole front bumper off?

·
Super Moderator
7,981 Posts
Nope. It's really not that hard to get the bumper off. Sneak your hand past the inner fender liners with a 7/16 wrench (gear-wrench preferred) and remove the 2 nuts on each side. Then 3 screws in the wheel well on each side, 2 or 3 screws underneath on each side, one 5.5mm nut behind each corner light, 5 or 6 push clips underneath, one screw underneath dead center, and then slide it off. It shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes to pull the bumper off at most.

Mike

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine is all riveted in. all the place. only has a few sheet metal screws

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
get crowbar and just pull

for faster service get a sawzall or acetylene torch

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pnyklr said:
get crowbar and just pull

for faster service get a sawzall or acetylene torch

so beat...at least my SC is one with the S and the C ha...

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
your replacing the header panel anyway so.... take a pry bar to the rivits, they will break through the plastic, and break them off of the cover with bolt cutters or whatever else, than remove the screws and bolts from one side of the cover, than the other, take cover off, remove header panel.... smash as many times as it takes to make you happy..... replace with new, re-attach bolts for cover on one side, than the other, insert headlights, replace where there used to be rivits with the plastic push in kind like our splash gaurds have, or the plastic kind that are two pieces that when the second one is inserted they expand and lock.... my highschool autoshop teacher called them pop-clips... than again he knew nothing about cars :rolleyes: I think I lost knowledge in that class...

·
Super Moderator
7,981 Posts
Are you saying the bumper cover is riveted on, or the header panel is? If the header panel is riveted on, then that's no problem since you are replacing it anyway. If your bumper cover is riveted on, then I suggest you find out who did that and smack them in the back of the head for obviously not thinking.

Mike

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
some bumper covers come from factory rivited onto the header panel madmikeyl

·
Super Moderator
7,981 Posts
Well that's retarded. My statement still stands, only now we have narrowed the suspect list down to some engineer at ford.

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MadMikeyL said:
Are you saying the bumper cover is riveted on, or the header panel is? If the header panel is riveted on, then that's no problem since you are replacing it anyway. If your bumper cover is riveted on, then I suggest you find out who did that and smack them in the back of the head for obviously not thinking.

Mike

ok lets go to detroit MI than. id love to smack them upside the head. not to metion my inner fenders riveted also among other things

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
i told him $50 to put on the header panel he said " why would I pay you for something I can do myself" I replied hell "I do it with hookers all the time "

kidding of course

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
prob true. ive had the header panel since ..oh...dec. lol too lazy to put it on. but who knows. ill prob do it in next week or 2. i finally put on the rest of the parts that i had sitting for 2-3 months. im on a roll now.:)

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
still not on.......LOL:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts