TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a thread that let's people know the part numbers for headers for 4.6L engine , long ,mid , and short tube headers .

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
shorties are worthless for our cars,
midlength go kooks.
longtube, nothing exists, start with mustang headers, add j-bends, a welder, and something to cut pipe.
David

·
Banned
198 Posts
why not

shorties are worthless for our cars,
midlength go kooks.
longtube, nothing exists, start with mustang headers, add j-bends, a welder, and something to cut pipe.
David
they should be better then a log exhuast:cool:

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
they should be better then a log exhuast:cool:
They should be, but they aren't. Shorty headers do nothing for performance on a street car. Ported manifolds will outflow any set of shorty headers you can buy for our cars, and will be less of a headache since you won't have to worry about fit or leaks or warping. If you are going to go with headers, take the time now to do it right and fit a set of longtubes in there. Anything less than longtubes is not worth the time and aggrivation.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

They should be, but they aren't. Shorty headers do nothing for performance on a street car. Ported manifolds will outflow any set of shorty headers you can buy for our cars, and will be less of a headache since you won't have to worry about fit or leaks or warping. If you are going to go with headers, take the time now to do it right and fit a set of longtubes in there. Anything less than longtubes is not worth the time and aggrivation.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
....shorties are worthless, midlength go kooks.
David
Fixed.:thumbsup:

They should be, but they aren't. Shorty headers do nothing for performance on a street car. Ported manifolds will outflow any set of shorty headers you can buy for our cars, and will be less of a headache since you won't have to worry about fit or leaks or warping. If you are going to go with headers, take the time now to do it right and fit a set of longtubes in there. Anything less than longtubes is not worth the time and aggravation.
This.

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
I just got stainless kooks and was done with it. They are expensive, but are of excellent quality. In my opinion, If you get mild steel headers you are wasting your money as they are going to rust no matter how much you paint them. You can get them coated, but it will cost more than just getting stainless in the first place.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the part number for the headers an where do I get them ? And what about the four O2 sensors ? I'm not just asking for me but other people may want to put this on there cars and might need to be walked thru it .

·
Registered
518 Posts
What is the part number for the headers an where do I get them ? And what about the four O2 sensors ? I'm not just asking for me but other people may want to put this on there cars and might need to be walked thru it .
Supercoupe performance. I believe Bill has exclusive rights which means other than used ones. That is the only place to get them for our cars.

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
There are two o2 sensor bungs in the headers(one each side). The other two go after the cats in the exhaust. You will have to at the very least change your exhaust flanges to mate up to the headers.

-steve

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yea it helped out good from what I could notice so far haven't got to play around that much yet..from what I've seen so far I feel a noticeable difference in torque ...i smashed the gas once n it caught me off guard......I'm ready to see all my mods I'm installing will effect the headers performance gains

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
What did you need to get them in ? What about the steering ?
William, the k-member has to be removed, and the steering is not an issue with Kooks headers. Unfortunately like others mentioned Bill at Supercoupeperformance owns the rights to the Kooks headers that fit the thunderbird so they have to be ordered from him. I've tried calling Kooks they wont sell them any other way. The only other decent option is to install shorties, PM if you want I have a set of JBA's that need the passenger side rear primary tube re-welded. They are for the 2v 4.6 thunderbird. I'll make you a great deal on them if you want them since you are local.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts