TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing a PI swap on my 94 t-bird and so far have only found Kook headers for the thunderbirds... Im curious what people think of these headers? are they good quality? Fit and finish? Plus they only come in 3/4 length. Does anyone know if long tubes off a mustang or a crown vic fit?

Thanks!

Dan

·
Registered
874 Posts
or you can hit up tbirdbrain here in the forum for some ported stock manifolds and a cermanic coating inside an out. he does very good work and they look amazing.

braincoating.com

no mustang longtube headers will not fit.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Some of us have already answered the question on Modular Fords.:D Good to see you signed up here as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!!!!

Ya im just asking around as i finding it hard to believe on how popular these cars are that only kooks make header for them??? Oh well, ill be ordering then up!!

Thanks again
Dan

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Jba also makes shorty headers but they are known for cracking on the number four primary at the weld and they are expensive for little or no real gain. Kooks are the best option for the mn12 without going custom.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
JBA/SSA headers are useless. They crack and will probably make your car slower. They are actually smaller than the OEM manifolds.
If you want to play you gotta pay. Port the stockers or buy the Kooks from supercoupe performance. You cannot buy them anywhere else, Bill paid to have the Jigs made, they are his product.
Alan

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
+3 stay away from jba. It would be interesting to know what gains are between the ported stockers and kooks Im willing to bet the gains are not too far apart.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JBA/SSA headers are useless. They crack and will probably make your car slower. They are actually smaller than the OEM manifolds.
If you want to play you gotta pay. Port the stockers or buy the Kooks from supercoupe performance. You cannot buy them anywhere else, Bill paid to have the Jigs made, they are his product.
Alan
Ya i dont like JBA headers. And i have no problem paying to play i just prefer full length headers. lol

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+3 stay away from jba. It would be interesting to know what gains are between the ported stockers and kooks Im willing to bet the gains are not too far apart.
If someone wants to donate the headers and stockers ill be the test mule!!:tongue::rolleyes:

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
It would be interesting to know what gains are between the ported stockers and kooks Im willing to bet the gains are not too far apart.
Well I know another MN12 with a very close setup to me made about 30 RWHP less on the same dyno and the big difference was his stock manifolds to my Kooks headers. I am pretty positive that ported stock manifolds would choke my car...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts