TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of threads about headers. but none give a big explanation on who makes headers for thunderbirds. this is what i did find;

Dynomax(im not sure what this is, it seems like a full exhaust system)
Dynomax Headers??

KOOKS
KOOK Headers

JBA's
JBA Headers

This is what seems like the easiest to find, other questions i have;

Can you use mustang 4.6 SOHC headers? What needs to be done to do that?
How can i bypass my O2 censors in order to remove my cats?

Thanks guys, im just tryn to get all the header information in one thread, there should be a stickie on this.. but thats my opinion, If anyone else has questions id be happy to add it do te list.

·
Super Moderator
12,067 Posts
This is what seems like the easiest to find, other questions i have;

Can you use mustang 4.6 SOHC headers? No, they're not configured to work with the steering shaft on MN12's

What needs to be done to do that? Steering shaft modification or use something besides Mustang Headers. 392Bird wrote a good steering shaft mod How-to HERE.

How can i bypass my O2 censors in order to remove my cats? In order to bypass the O2 sensors the computer needs to be reprogrammed or there is a MIL eliminator that you can put on the O2 wiring connectors to trick the computer. I don't think these are easy to find.

Thanks guys, I'm just trying to get all the header information in one thread, there should be a stickie on this.. but thats my opinion, If anyone else has questions id be happy to add it do the list.
Answers in Bold

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
also you can port the stock oem manifolds as the oem manifolds flow well from factory. The big restriction on the oem manifolds would be the nasty turn/pinch down on the driver side outlet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts