TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, im new here... i dont know a whole lot about cars... but ive used the search button quite frequently and finally found a reason to post...

i was wondering if the JBL exhaust would still crack if it was on my stock 94 thunderbird LX 4.6l v8, or if it was drag racing etc that did that to the headers

im kind of torn on the decision because i cant spend an extreme amount of money on just headers, though it seems the kooks headers would be well worth it...

do the JBL headers make a significant sound increase? (im lookin to make some noise lol :) ) or would they be the same as the stock headers?

would it be worth it to shell out about 100 bucks for some JBLs on ebay, or just roll with stock headers and pursue another type of mod?

on that subject, what are some other sound mods i could get?
( i have dual 40 series flowmasters with cats)

sorry for all the questions, but im still quite a newbie on working on cars

Thanks ahead of time :)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Mellowout said:
i was wondering if the JBL exhaust would still crack if it was on my stock 94 thunderbird LX 4.6l v8, or if it was drag racing etc that did that to the headers...
Sorry, but they crack no matter what car they are installed in.
Mellowout said:
would it be worth it to shell out about 100 bucks for some JBLs on ebay, or just roll with stock headers and pursue another type of mod?
The ports on the headers are actually smaller than what came on there stock. You would be better off having yours extrude honed or saving up for Kooks.

BTW, there are no stock headers on 4.6's. They all came with manifolds.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
extrude honing makes the inside of the manifold larger, for more flow. in all honesty though, you would be much better off spending the money on something else for now, you don't get too much of a performance gain from exhaust, especially with a stock motor.

·
Registered
970 Posts
For starters....

JBA makes shorty headers
JBL makes audio equipment
The shorties on E-Bay for that price are usually SSAutoChrome

If you're just looking for nose, start removing cats/resonators. No saying it'll sound good, but it will make it louder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts