TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what headers should I use and will work with a 4.6 cougar 1995 model I am putting on pi heads.

The next car I want to get headers for my 92 5.0 cougar but it is completely stock and I will do a few mods to it soon but the 1995 will be getting the bulk of the attention right now.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Definitely kooks. Don't be tempted by the JBA's and JBA copycats. They are pretty but have known quality problems. I have also heard it said that stock manifolds out-flow the JBA's.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
they do, kooks are the only way to go.... save you pennys though....

·
Registered
274 Posts
well i meant the headers sold on supercoupe performance for the 4.6

i'm planing to get some with the money i get back from tuition mainly for the sound factor dont know why but i like a more agressive engine sound then the one it has atm

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
headers is not going to make the 4.6 sound much different. The main factor there is cats and mufflers.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
well i meant the headers sold on supercoupe performance for the 4.6
You mean the Kooks headers that everyone is suggesting above (Bill at SCP is the sole supplier of Kooks headers for MN12/FN10's)?

Yes, there are quite a few of us here that are running the Kooks headers from Bill.

-Rod

·
Registered
274 Posts
You mean the Kooks headers that everyone is suggesting above (Bill at SCP is the sole supplier of Kooks headers for MN12/FN10's)?

Yes, there are quite a few of us here that are running the Kooks headers from Bill.

-Rod
yes those i was wondering if you all had any feel difference when installed

i already have a true cat back system but i was told if i get headers it would decrease the air risistance and thus achieveing a deeper more agressive sound

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you use for the 5.0 headers

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
yes those i was wondering if you all had any feel difference when installed

i already have a true cat back system but i was told if i get headers it would decrease the air risistance and thus achieveing a deeper more agressive sound
I felt a huge difference...but I also swapped a 4.6L DOHC in place of a knocking 3.8L SC at the same time. I really can't help you there.

You will notice some change in exhaust note, but honestly, if you're just considering this for the sound of the exhaust, there are better ways to spend your money, IMO.

-Rod

·
Registered
836 Posts
honestly i dont think you can see headers at all if you really think about it. maybe powder coat stuff or something if you just want looks. Headers are a lot of money and work for mostly looks. just my opinion though.

·
Super Moderator
7,693 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,693 Posts
Yeah, the 4.6 doesn't give you much opportunity for dress-up. Although a bullitt mainifold certainly looks pretty [email protected]$$.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,693 Posts
Bullitt, as in steve mcqueen, not billet as in machined from a solid chunk of aluminum. The professional products one that you posted, from what I have heard it is junk. A pic of the bullitt manifold can be seen here
http://www.lvfoxbody.com/pics/bullitt/DSC00008.JPG

1 - 20 of 24 Posts