TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find headers? The only place I've found is magnumpowers.com... And does anyone know what hollowing out the cats will do if anything? I've heard of it being done... any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
12,536 Posts
supercoupeperformance.com sells the KOOKS headers but they're outrageously expensive. The price is actually the same for the V6 headers as it is for the V8 headers. Two fewer pipes and the same price! Go figure?

Another good option it to get some ported stock manifolds from tbirdbrain at www.braincoating.com These are a great alternative to the headers. They don't look as nice as headers because it's just a stock manifold but they work just as well as headers.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
Go to SCCoA.com and do a search. There was some testing done and a ported manifold will flow fine until you start adding a bunch of stuff. If you want your car to sound raspy then hollow out the cats. If you dont want the sound then look into so hi flow cats. Upgrade your exhaust first before adding bolt ons like a smaller pulley or porting the SC. Also find out if the headgaskets have ever been done. They are known to fail.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm running mustang headers on mine, although they aren't completely in yet, it appears I only have to trim a little bit to make them clear... That's in a fox body however. The mn12 might have clearance issues using them.

They are MAC long tubes and I picked them up for $85 shipped on ebay.

Jeremy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My driver's side head is failing now... my bro is a Ford Sr. Master tech and is gonna show me how to replace them over Xmas... should be fun... also have the supercharger off of a 95 sc that we are gonna try out... thanks for the info yall

·
Registered
144 Posts
I broke down and got KOOKS from supercoupeperformance.com
If you're gonna do it, do it right, as painful as it might be.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, those are the headers I'm using. They bolt right up to the supercoupe heads, I'm just not sure about clearance issues on the MN12 chassis cars as mine is in a Fox body.

Jeremy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Problem there is not everyone one has $700 to drop on headers. I picked mine up for $85 shipped on ebay... They're used but they aren't rusted.

Jeremy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I posted this in another thread but I'll put it here. I'm going with ported manifolds off a 94 sc. Been proven to outflow kooks mid-length headers. And I picked em up for a song an a dance... gonna be puttin on other stuff too. I'll post a new thread about it all with pics when she is done

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I posted this in another thread but I'll put it here. I'm going with ported manifolds off a 94 sc. Been proven to outflow kooks mid-length headers. And I picked em up for a song an a dance... gonna be puttin on other stuff too. I'll post a new thread about it all with pics when she is done

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The ported late model SC exhaust manifolds are not proven to outflow Kooks mid length headers, but they are good enough to make 400 rwhp on a heavily modded SC motor.

David

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When a nationally ranked ford mechanic tells me they will I'm going to believe him.especially when he is my brother

1 - 20 of 49 Posts