TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, having a Markviii dohc installed in my 94 Bird, are the Kook's shortys the headers I should go with? Motor doesn't fits with dohc exhaust manifold and my Bird's manifold has a round shape where the dohc mainifold is an oval shape, so I think I heard that the Kooks will work, is that correct?

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Yes, Kooks will work, or the stock MarkVIII manifolds and Y pipe will fit in your bird as well, but those are your only options for exhaust, unless you want to do the steering shaft mod.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
hello everyone, having a Markviii dohc installed in my 94 Bird, are the Kook's shortys the headers I should go with? Motor doesn't fits with dohc exhaust manifold and my Bird's manifold has a round shape where the dohc mainifold is an oval shape, so I think I heard that the Kooks will work, is that correct?
The stock Mark VIII manifolds (well actually "manifold" and "manifold/converter assembly") should fit perfectly.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
The stock Mark VIII manifolds (well actually "manifold" and "manifold/converter assembly") should fit perfectly.
Yep it sure does. I'm not sure why they wouldn't work although if your going in from the top pull the steering shaft and install it when the engine is bolted down.

·
Super Moderator
10,649 Posts
if your going in from the top pull the steering shaft and install it when the engine is bolted down.
This is a nice piece of info; Thanks!

I had wondered about how that would go in...

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
You actually need to Twist the engine slightly clockwise ( on its horizontal axis ) while dropping it down so it fits perfect and the exhaust manifold / cat doesnt scratch or bang anything .. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts