TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is JBA the only way to go or is there some thing else available?
Thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
From what I've found, yes, JBA is the ONLY ones that'll fit in our birds. That's why they can charge so much, too.

·
Registered
726 Posts
theres always another option. Make your own longtubes! :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
WhiteBird101 said:
theres always another option. Make your own longtubes! :D
That would be the most awesome thing ever!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm actually doing just that. I bought a set of used MAC longtubes for a 99GT for $160 and as soon as the motor is ready to go in, we are going to start fabbing the headers as they need be. The only bastard is going to be the drivers side. I'm going to have to get a friend of mine (builds cages and fabs sheetmetals crap for race cars) to extend the first and second primary tube out and down to clear the steering crap that's in the way. I figure with that and then having the headers coated after we test fit them I'll have around $600 in them total. Worth it, hell ya.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I really want to fab a set of headers some day for the new motor, I was kind of planning on starting from scratch with some tube, a plate of steel, and I am pretty sure you can buy collectors, getting everything lightly tacked in place and taking them and haveing everything TIG welded and then maybe jet hot coated...I have a dream!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts