TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to Myrtle Beach this Friday for 4 days with my g/f Liz.... Can anybody recommend any BBQ places in that area or anything else we should check out?

Chris C.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Not sure about there southern BBQ, But Bennetts at 2900 North Kings Hwy,
Myrtle Beach has some great food IMO. Enjoy your time there :cool:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info ! I'm a foodie and my G/F's parents said they would take us to a few places or any place we know of. I'm sure I will be playing a round of golf with Liz's dad....I'm only good at putting/chipping(?) lol I know we are going to a putt putt place so that should be fun. I also hope we drive by South Of The Border,went there a few times as a kid.

Chris C.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Unless you don't like it, no reason to eat anything but seafood at the beach. Plenty of choices!

Broadway by the Beach has a lot of nice restaurants/shops, but get there early.

Al

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I eat EVERYTHING lol So no worries there. My gf's parents live at Plantation Lakes and IIRC they are about 15-20mins from the beach so hope to hit the beach to get some good seafood.

Chris C.

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
I saw the Sharknado series, and I'm not going near an Ocean!!

At least, not without my chainsaw. :)

(j/k)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha I hear ya ! I only go waist deep anyway...use to go out past the waves but years ago I had a near death experience while I was at Ocean City. Well found out we are going geocaching, never done this but sounds kinda fun.

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
... Well found out we are going geocaching, never done this but sounds kinda fun.
Take some weird, eclectic stuff that will fit in a small space. :)

And a GPS, lol.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll leave that up to Liz's dad lol He and his wife go a lot...I have a few little things I could bring. I have some old matchbox cars, old political pins/buttons(JFK,FDR,LBJ etc which I have doubles of) I sell antiques/collectible's so guess I'll see what really small items I can come up with. So you just take the item out of the box and leave your item, correct?

Chris C.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from our trip to Myrtle Beach which was a VERY eventful one to say the least. The trip there was nice though we saw a mini van on 95 that was on fire. The family was standing a few hundred feet watching their van burn, thank the lord they are all ok. When we got to Myrtle we found out Liz's parents won 4 VIP tickets to a music show at this place called Legends in Concert where we watched impersonators of Michael Jackson, Prince, Katy Perry, Kenny Chesney, The Blues Brothers and of course Elvis. Everybody was spot on in looks/sound except for the woman who did Katy Perry but we enjoyed the show. Now for the bad.... we went Geocaching one day and I was stung by bee's 6 times. I was very close to going to the ER as I am allergic to them. I did however find my first Geocache which was a sticker.

We left yesterday and only stopped 3 times.. played putt putt at Molten Mountain(AWESOME indoor/outdoor course) had some bbq in NC(It sucked) then picked up some ice cream. It was raining very hard when we got onto 295 so bad we were going about 30mph. We saw 3 cars in the woods, all different accidents. Crazy drive home. Anyway, had a great time ! Here are a few pics I took.

Chris C.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts