TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
4mm socket or something? Anyway...do a search or google it and find a diagram on what it should look like. Park in front of a wall, and adjust them yourself. If you dont find one, let me now monday and I'll mail you the one I have saved at home. It's pretty easy to do, just takes a few minutes.

-Joel

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
well you have a 96+ stly headlight so turn the threaded part sticking through the lock that holds the light to the header panel. i forgot what size the tip is of the thread but i just used pliers. park your car facing a wall maybe 20 feet away from it. there are two threads to turn for adjustments. the one closer to the middle of the bumper is for up and down adjustments. turning the thread clockwise/counter clockwise will cause the light to move up and down. the thread closer next to your corner lights will adjust left and right motion by turning the thread counter/clockwise.

adjusting your headlights/foglights will do wonders for your light output on the road:

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
when you say 20 ft away from the wall, do you mean that is where the beam should end?

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
no the beam should not end at 20 feet. i would say knee level 20 feet away..i know thats not accurate but i cant seem to remember the exact number at the moment.

-Mike

·
Registered
192 Posts
I found a good site that shows how to do this. I have cut a few excerpts from the various sites. Hope these help.

On level ground, put your vehicle in front of a wall as close as possible. With tape, put 2 crosses on the wall that correspond with the vertical and horizontal center lines of both headlights. Back up 25 ft., keeping the vehicle centered with your crosses on the wall. Turn on headlights. Low Beams should be hitting the lower right sections of the crosses. High Beams should split the cross hairs. Turn the horizonal and vertical adjusting screws (located at the headlights) to make adjustments.

The technical legal specification in the USA for headlight height adjustment is 2.1" below the center at 25 feet and the right to left adjustment should be centered at 25 feet.

There is also a site that has a .PDF file. The link is below:

www.coolbulbs.com/HID-VISUAL-HEADLIGHT-AIMING-PROCEDURE.pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts