TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it goes.....my first post!! Hi everyone. I be da NOOB. Anyway, how do I get the headlight assemblies off the car so I can clean them?? They look dirty(on the inside) and I have a condensation issue as well. I've already learned about the hair dryer trick and possibly new O-rings. Just need to know how to get them off the headlight panel. I'll be getting some Silver Stars ASAP. They are the shizzle.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
when you go for headlights. do a search for the competition limited headlight kit for our cars... i think they make it for the 97. they are a lot brighter than the silverstars. or go to the work in progress section and check out porkchop's hid projector housings. tehyre pretty sweet. i havent had my headlights off yet, and i dont quite remember how to get them off. pm porkchop about it. check the tech article section.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
it takes a 9mm deep socket to remove the 96/7 headlights. look on the backside of the headlights, and there are three plastic hex pieces that you need to turn, and the headlight comes straight out. be careful when turning the studs, or you will strip the plastic hex pieces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts