TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Tips

1. Get someone with small hands to change the bulbs. The left side is a tight reach.

2. Do not touch the bulb surface with your bare hands, as the oil from your skin can shorten the bulb life.

3. If headlights were just used, allow the headlight bulbs to cool before removing them.....lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
The blue-tinted bulbs are a disaster from the viewpoints of the car's driver and oncoming traffic. Don't use them. Here's a link:

why blue bulbs are bad

That site also has info on what kinds of bulbs/lights are good, too. I replaced the original GE bulbs with Sylvania XtraVision bulbs. They are a lot better.

If you plan on using bulbs that are rated at higher-than-stock wattage, make sure you upgrade your headlight wiring harnesses - otherwise, you'll melt them and possibly start a fire.

Whatever you do, don't touch the glass bulbs with your fingers. You'll get oil on the bulbs, which will cause them to burn out faster.

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you do get blue bulbs, though, I'd reccomend the show off light bulbs. I've had em in mines for a month, and they have been great. They put out a tiny bit more light than my old crummy halogens, and are pretty friendly towards others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts