TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 93 tbird and the headlight lens are yellow. is there a way to polish these or would i be better off to just get some headlight covers(blackouts). the thing i'm worried about is that my lights aren't very bright and i do a lot of night driving so should i get the smoke ones or something else? where is a good place to get them?

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
you can polish them. I did mine , they were shiny after but my yellowing is on the inside of the housing. So now it just shiny yellow. its yellowing on the flat lower part of the light inside where the sun beats down on it all day.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
is it possible to take the whole lense out and polish the whole thing? I already have blackouts, but i want my lenses to look white/clear like new again for night driving.

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
HanMan said:
is it possible to take the whole lense out and polish the whole thing? I already have blackouts, but i want my lenses to look white/clear like new again for night driving.
It is possible of course with a dremel and some good sealant.. is it a good idea? Not really. You can get them for $70 a piece at http://headlightstotaillights.com/

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah, the yellow usually is on BOTH sides, so you'd have to polish the inside and out. I had to do that in my 1995 Contour (a large portion of mid 90's cars have yellowing lights, I've noticed), and it helped a little. As for getting headlight covers, the smoke ones reduce your headlight's effectiness by A LOT. That's the reason I ordered some painless wiring (remote) driving lights (55watt Xenon) to help out the headlights when they're covered (I'm that lazy, where I don't wanna take em off @ night.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i was thinking about doing as well. jsut get some lights underneath to help. because i hate the way the yellow on the headlights look, but i don't wanna spend the money for new lens, and i think blackouts look pretty pimp on these cars.

·
Registered
621 Posts
hubb said:
thats what i was thinking about doing as well. jsut get some lights underneath to help. because i hate the way the yellow on the headlights look, but i don't wanna spend the money for new lens, and i think blackouts look pretty pimp on these cars.
They only look OK on black cars, and that's "OK," not great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
luckly my car is black, besides anything is better than that yellow faded look.

what is the purpose of the clear headlight covers?
when was looking at them they had-- carbon fiber, smoke, and clear.
does carbon fiber block out a lot of the light?

·
Registered
621 Posts
hubb said:
luckly my car is black, besides anything is better than that yellow faded look.

what is the purpose of the clear headlight covers?
when was looking at them they had-- carbon fiber, smoke, and clear.
does carbon fiber block out a lot of the light?
The reason they make clear ones is so you can make your own design. And it would probably block out the light. I really dont understand why no one sells just the cover replacements for the headlights.

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
WaLieN said:

The reason they make clear ones is so you can make your own design. And it would probably block out the light. I really dont understand why no one sells just the cover replacements for the headlights.
Well only 96/97's had the (semi easily) removable lenses, all the rest were glued/sealed to the housing.

·
Registered
621 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

Well only 96/97's had the (semi easily) removable lenses, all the rest were glued/sealed to the housing.
Oh, I see. Well, do they make replacement lenses for the 96/97's?

·
Administrator
14,210 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts