TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an '89-'93 headlight housing and/or GTS blackout they are not using and don't mind parting with? I'm going to experiment with making clear headlight housings out of GTS covers (they make clear ones) for the earlier MN-12s. E-mail me at [email protected] and we'll work something out.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hi - I've thought of that idea already (although most likely not the first), and it's not a good idea once it's thought out.

As much as I'd like clear (as opposed to white) lights, if there's no reflector around the bulb like most new cars, they'll just be big flood lights. The stock units have bubbles of sorts on the inside, and they focus the light from the bulb. Without those 'bubbles', it'll be a big floodlight.

I was going to vacuum form myself new lights, and had made a box, bought dental plaster, and the plexiglass - that's how dedicated to this project I was!

·
Registered
51 Posts
True

Without the inner reflectors.....and reflective lines on the lens itself, there would be no way to aim your headlights, resulting in poor night vision, and a lot of pissed off people coming at you from the other direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts