TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1992 tbird sport.
When pulling the stick all the way, the front side lights turn on and then while pushing column to high beam only the middle ones come on.
I switched the high beam bulbs to LED bulbs and they seem to do the job but I would see a lot clearer and wider at night if the side headlights would also turn on when pushing on the column for high beams.
Any help if that is normal or if I could rewire it so that whenever I pull the stick out all the way it turns on the side headlights and won’t turn them off when I push on the high beam column.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,828 Posts
That’s how it’s designed - low beams are off when high beams are on. If you make a relay harness(which is very beneficial on its own) you can stick a diode between relays to keep low beams powered on high.

This doesn’t actually help light output at a distance whatsoever, the low beam cutoff is in the foreground, and keeps your eyes adjusted to the closer more intensely lit objects rather than the distant objects you should be focusing on from the high beams alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts