TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was wondering. What bulb can I use to replace the amber one in the headlight. I want it to become white like my headlight. I was tricked into buying some silverstars thinking they would be white, but it turned out they were amber. pssst. Anyways would autozone or murrays carry anything like this. Thanks.

Any feedback would be great thanks.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Pretty sure that would be illegal, but not quite sure why you're asking the question. You all ready know what type of bulb it is. You just bought the silverstars. Just find a light in that size that's clear. Autozone and pep boys should carry them.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Some states make it a legality to have amber/red turn signals to help identify what light is the one that's turned on

·
Registered
280 Posts
i dont think he is talking about like a turn signal bulb as a head light, i think he is just saying they arnet as white as he thought they would be

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
re-read his post. It sounds like he's trying to make the two inner most running lights on his 95 (which are part of the headlight assemblies) light up with white bulbs, similar to the 89-93s... which had the inner most set of lights as the high beams

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ exactly. If it was on the 89-93's, then why would it be illegal? I'd still have the corner ambers on my car. :D

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
:zwthstpd: It's legal on the 89-93s because that's the high beam portion of the headlight, unlike the running lights on the 94-97s. Given what you wanna do it might be legal because they're only running lights, but I would check with your state's judicial code online

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
At first I thought he was talking about the corner/blinker, which would be illegal. The white running light might be illegal, but I don't think cops would mind too much. They generally seem to look for clear blinkers, etc. I say go for it. I modified my running lights, however, so they light up with the blinkers, so I wouldn't do it on my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts