TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I used the stuff on one of my Cougar lights...the other had apparently been replaced in a collision. It worked great! I forgot to get before and after photos, but I bought a Supercoupe a couple of weeks ago and it's lights are yellowed and fogged badly. I will get some before and after shots on it and post them. The stuff works wonderfully.

You must understand though, they are NOT as clear as new ones, but it is a drastic improvement that I can live with. I don't have a show car!

Edit: here's the before and after pics of the SC

Before

After

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm not sure that everyone saw the last pics I posted. Just bringing it to the top. I'm sure there are a lot of us out there who would benefit from this kit. I'm not involved with the company, just a satisfied customer.

www.brightsolutions.com

·
Registered
127 Posts
I tried it on my 94 also. Just wasn't satisfied after the clear corners. You can't get rid of the yellowing plastic frame all the way around the lens and if you look really close you will see the spider-webing in the plastic. I will try it on my gauge face though to get the scratches out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That did a good job; but I have noticed the same results from a few applications of Blue Magic plastic polish at Autozone. I also tried using Orange clean, though the polish worked better. My lights are like all of these now.. clear but yellow.

Over at Autopia.org, they say Mothers aluminum polish will actually remove the yellow. I have not tried yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found an answer to the headlight problem! I company in Clearwater came up with a cleaner and polisher that's called Brite Lite. I was so impressed with it I began distributing it at my auto repair facility. I used it on my mother-in-laws t-bird and my mustang and was totally amazed, better yet, the results last for over 1 1/2 years. It is so simple to use and the cost is only $21.95 plus s/h of 4.95. This is great stuff. If you need to give it a try, contact me at [email protected]. I accept cc and paypal. You will love this stuff.!

Thanks
Pat

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey, what's the name of your shop? I lived in Clearwater for 20 years, and now live in Largo right next door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The name of our Auto Repair facility is Sunset Point Rapid Lube and Auto Repair. We are located at 1841 N. Hercules Ave, Clearwater, Phone Number: 727-469-8999. We are located one block south of Sunset Pt Rd on the corner of Hercules and Sunnydale.

Thanks for asking, looking forward to hearing from you!
Pat

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
jamesD said:
anyone notice that the friggen yellowing is coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only did driver side headlight to show friends w/ same problem, and in how many months since my last post?? 2 or 3? if that? it is not as clear as it used to be..

The website says once every 6 or 12 months to re apply the sealer..

grrrr.....:mad:
i use Turtle Wax rubbing compound, the stuff in hte red container. It has a heavy consistancy and use it quite liberally. I cleared up my lamps in about 5 minutes. I do it everytime i wax the pimpmobile.

joseph

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Greetings everyone!

I need to know what the best solution is for yellow headlights. Only one of my headlights is yellow. Ironically, I think it's the one the previous owner had replaced because of an accident. Just in this thread alone, I count 8 different solutions:

1. Bright Solutions Plastic and Headlight Resurfacer and Protector - $32
  2. KIT Scratch Remover for Paint and Plexiglass, $2 @ Walmart
  3. 3M Plastic Polish, blue & white bottle
  4. 3M Imperial Microfinishing Rubbing Compound - Medium Cut
  5. Blue Magic Plastic Polish @ Autozone
  6. Mother's Aluminum Polish
  7. Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound, red container
  8. Brite Lite, $21.95 + $4.95 s/h [email protected]
    [/list=1]

I'm leaning towards the Turtle Wax. Will I be disappointed? Much prefer to get something I can just go to the parts store any time to pick up.

Thanks!

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
not for nothing.. i tried a claybar also... and it kinda worked.. i clayed it.. wet sanded lightly, clayed again.. and it cleared same way.. was cheaper too... $10 claybar and $2 sandpaper.. didn't wanna use claybar on my car cuz of plastic pieces.. but i'll keep it for that...

JD

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I’ve restored several sets of headlights lately using one of 3M’s kits, and I’ve been super happy with the results. These are from my 97 Mark VIII.
4FBC407C-5847-4AF9-A645-FF7AFD40E5FA.jpeg
17C936FA-2B83-42FE-B04E-1FAB2DC95F2F.jpeg
D5B5E167-0942-4719-868F-3FA8DD1A21A8.jpeg
10FD87A4-3348-4F02-B00F-7382BE24EA08.jpeg

41 - 53 of 53 Posts