TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if this is in the wrong place please move it. anyways is there a way to adjust my light timer, mine stays on for 4 minutes after i shut off the car, i looked but if there is a thread that i missed can someone point me in the right direction

·
Registered
604 Posts
Do you have the autolamp function? If so, have you moved the dial all the way down so it goes off immediately after shutting the car off?

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
Canadian LX is correct, the delay is tied in with the autolamp set wheel.

Look to the left of the steering wheel under the left air vent at the headlight control panel. To the right of the manual control knob is the dimmer control/cabin lights wheel and to the right of that should be the autolamp/delay timer wheel. Rotate it down until you feel a slight 'click' and it stops moving, which will indicate that the autolamp function is now off. Turn it back up just enough so you feel it click again; this will indicate autolamps on with minimal delay after turning off the car.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
:leftright
Canadian LX is correct, the delay is tied in with the autolamp set wheel.

Look to the left of the steering wheel under the left air vent at the headlight control panel. To the right of the manual control knob is the dimmer control/cabin lights wheel and to the right of that should be the autolamp/delay timer wheel. Rotate it down until you feel a slight 'click' and it stops moving, which will indicate that the autolamp function is now off. Turn it back up just enough so you feel it click again; this will indicate autolamps on with minimal delay after turning off the car.

Hope this helps.
:zwthstpd:

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
there's also a fine tune adjustment on the light sensor itself...the service manual describes it in detail but I've never messed with it....

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
On mine you just roll the dial , all the way on they stay on 3 mins and just about off is 30 seconds .That being said is for the timer on the auto lights

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
there's also a fine tune adjustment on the light sensor itself...the service manual describes it in detail but I've never messed with it....
Really... Hm. Well my lights come on right about when they're supposed to (law states 1 hr before dusk/after dawn and during inclement weather) so I guess I'll leave it alone! :D

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
:zwthstpd:

·
Registered
59 Posts
ive got this option in my 90 bird but it also has the auto dimming headlights but it wont work ive checked all the connections but nothing cleaned the sensor and still nothing

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Hmm, I seem to have Auto lamps, but there is no light sensor that I can see on my dashboard. I do have the knob next to the dimmer.

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
The light sensor is under the small grille on the passenger's side of the dash. The sensor that would be visible is actually a sunload sensor for the SATC module.

·
3,734 Posts
oh, okay. So the photo-voltaic cell is under that little grill, eh? So, say I drive trough a tunnel. My lights should come on eventually? That is assuming the auto lamps wheel is in the right position? Does the headlight switch need to be in a special position?

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
Nope, if you want the headlights to come on as the autolamp dictates you need to leave it either off or on driving lights only. If you have it turned on at the switch the autolamp is overridden. The auto lamps would need to be on, of course (the wheel anywhere except completely off - past the 'click').

I know there's a delay between when the sensor "sees" things are dark enough to turn on the lights and when the lights actually come on; 15, 30 seconds or something like that to account for trees, clouds, .... stuff.

·
3,734 Posts
Hmmm, I'll have to test this. Mine must not be working or I've never noticed.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
my lights eye sensor is infront of my rear view miorr that might be just for the auto dimming head lights i will have to look in to that
That is for the auto dimming headlights, which I have never seen on 94+. My friends loaded 89LX had the same sensor. I have also seen it on some Continentals from the same era.
-Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts