TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: My Bird has a cracked/broken corner on the left side.

I am going to order two corners and two new headlights soon, but I was just looking and can't, for the life of me, figure out what to start pulling to replace them.

If you've done this, how hard is it? Can you give a detailed description of the method for R&Rering these things for me. (Yes, I've searched).

Thanks!
JC

·
Registered
124 Posts
the corner has two bolts that you unscrew... take the bolts off and wiggle/yank out the corner.

For the headlamp, there are three adjuster screws. On those screws there is like a upside down "U" shaped piece of metal that is inbetween the block "bolt" of the screw, and the metal of the car. Pull out the three upside down "U" things, and yank out the headlamp. You don't unscrew anything. I've always had a fairly difficult time taking out the "U" things without breaking them. The easiest way would be to just break off the bottom ones, and go to a local junk yard and get replacements.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom said:
For the headlamp, there are three adjuster screws. On those screws there is like a upside down "U" shaped piece of metal that is inbetween the block "bolt" of the screw, and the metal of the car. Pull out the three upside down "U" things, and yank out the headlamp. You don't unscrew anything.
I just went to look for the upside "U" shaped piece and didn't see anything like that.

As for the corners, it's just the two bolts, right?

Thanks!
JC

·
Registered
112 Posts
SoCalBlkBird said:
:confused: My Bird has a cracked/broken corner on the left side.I am going to order two corners and two new headlights soon, but I was just looking and can't, for the life of me, figure out what to start pulling to replace them.Can you give a detailed description of the method for R&Rering these things for me.Thanks!JC
By 'corner' you mean the TURN SIGNAL lens, correct? Mine is cracked also, but I cannot see HOW to get at it. The fender is in the way! :(

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
The turnsignals come off by taking off 2 nuts. Real easy. Replaced mine with clear corners within like 15 minutes from when I got them. That was a while back when I didn't even really know how to change my oil. It's real easy dude. Bet my 9 y.o. brother could do it. Just look and you'll see two nuts, one on top of the other. Use a wrench (I don't know what size) to take it off because a socket set won't work, unless it's a deep one meant for spark plugs. The headlight housings are each held on by 3 retainer clips. There are 3 thick pins (screws that have a rubber end that the clips go into) for each one that go through the header panel that are attatched to the headlight to hold it on. Once you remove the clips, the headlight will pop out. Easiest way I found was to take a piece of wire, run it through the hole on the pin where it bends down, and hold the ends together and pull it out. Real easy. Done it a few times.

The black plastic piece behind the headlight is the header panel. The headlights are held onto there. Should be one on top and two on bottom in a triangular pattern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts