TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem? After turning on the headlights on my 91 Sport they go off after driving 10-20 minutes and then go on and off intermittenty. This car does not have automatic headlights so it has nothing to do with that as someone had discussed in a previous thread. Can any suggest a fix?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Replace the switch and leave your foglights off. All the power for the foglights runs through the headlight switch which heats it up to much and it dies after not very long. The other option is to figure out which wires control the foglights, cut them out of the headlight switch and just use the console switch to control them. Yet another thing on my to-do list.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
It's the headlight switch. It's a common problem with the earlier cars.
Ditto. On my 88 Turbo Coupe I had the same problem. Mine would die completely but they would flicker with bumps. I went out to the parts bird and pulled the switch and replaced it. Whala it was fixed.

Zero

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
most of the time the plug at the headlight switch is melted. You might want to pick up some female spade connectors.

·
Registered
242 Posts
did this fix it? as I have the same problem on my '91 Bird. I just changed the multiswitch and it didnt fix it... Thought that was the problem because the signals stop working at the same time too... I even tried unplugging the DRL module, and it did nothing either... Any suggestions?

Please help, this is really Pi**ing me off.. LOL

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Replacing the switch is a repair, but it doesn't fix the problem. You need to get some relays and wiring so that the power to the headlight no longer goes through the headlight and multi-function switches.

Competition Limited sells a good kit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts