TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the trolls come out and tell me to search, I'm pretty sure its the headlight switch, BUT since I'm in the process of moving, I don't have my ford CD and I need the diagram for the wiring so I can test the stupid thing to make sure that -is- the problem.

I know 100% it is NOT the MFS (I have a spare one, brand new, didn't do a damn bit of good) and also any insight as to taking apart the dash to get to the switch would be MUCH appreciated.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
You don't need to remove much to get at the headlight switch on a first gen. Just use a trim removal tool at the far left back edge of the trim panel. Don't pull it too far, there's a bulb that needs to be removed before it comes all the way off. There are 3 or 4 screws under there and two (above and below) the guages that will allow you to move the larger trim panel out of the way. I can't recall if the switch comes with it or not but you'll be able to get to it from here unless your problem is in the harness. Be careful, I'm pretty sure that plastic was brittle when it left the factory and since it's 10+ years old now count on breaking something. Or maybe I'm just ham handed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts