TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on saturday after our little gettogether at rick's i was heading home from hooters using my highbeams cuz my low beams were not working at all. i checked today on everything i could but nothing showed up. all the fuses are fine the bulbs are good and the wires look good at least from the top. does anyone have any ideas y they dont work? the turn signals work and the high beams work but not my lows. i think i got flashed maybe 300 times in the past 2 days to turn off my high's. get's sorta annoying. please help!!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
:gotsearch MFS. Common problem.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so the multifunction switch sounds like the obvious culprate. sorry bout the not searching part was in a hurry when i typed it. new question how do i locate and replace the switch? i'm just trying to figure out where it is. i can probably put it in no prob. the harness seems fine to me.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Either get one at the dealer (better option) or get one from a junk car (ask racecougar). It's the turn signal switch. Take off panels around the steering column. Remove a few screws. Switch pulls off. Do reverse of steps.

Probably cost you $20+ for used. I'm not sure about new, but it shouldn't be more than $50, though some stealerships have asked like $100+. You could look up Dan Newman (do a search, you'll find info) and he should be able to get you what you want easily.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cool, i'll try and find a used one instead of brand new cuz i dont think i really need it to be spankin new. thanx for the help

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Thing about used ones is, the one I got was for the auto-dimming lights, so the high beams doesn't work. Also, sometimes they're already going bad or are bad before you get one, so a new one would be best. I think someone said a new one might be around $35.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh ok well then that's not too bad then. i was hearing from my auto shop teacher that it was gonna be pricey. so i can live with 35 easily.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Ya. Just make sure they know what you need. And don't let them sell you more than you need. You may want to add in some relays so you don't put so much stress on the elecrical components. Cost is about $12 to do everything yourself, and then you don't have to worry about burning another MFS up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts