TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night my headlights were workin fine all night until i went to the beach and chilled for a while. I went back to my car to go home and put my headlights on and they wouldnt come on. The parking lights work fine but the fog lights wont work either. I'm pretty sure the fogs wont work because they're tapped into the headlights but anyone have any idea's why the headlights wont work? I checked the fuse and it was fine. I have a 93 lx if it matters. Any help is apreciated. Thanks.

Frank

·
Registered
55 Posts
The multi purpose switch on your steering column may be bad... the switch that controls your high beams and low beams. i went to turn my headlights on one day and they didnt work just the parking lamps did. The problem was the switch.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much did it cost for you to replace it? thanks for your help.

Frank

·
Registered
55 Posts
well i didnt feel like going to ford so i went to the junk yard and got it. The switch was 20 bucks. At ford if i am not mistaking its around $60-70
mark

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
93lx5.0 said:
well i didnt feel like going to ford so i went to the junk yard and got it. The switch was 20 bucks. At ford if i am not mistaking its around $60-70
mark
Cost me $50. Selling it for $25 with shipping. Turned out it was a connector. :mad:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I vote for that switch too.

But, they all go bad eventually - but if you can get a few years out of a used one, it's cheaper than the brand new one that may also only last a few years...

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GreenBird said:

Cost me $50. Selling it for $25 with shipping. Turned out it was a connector. :mad:

greenbird,

is the one you are selling good for a 93? and also is it used or new? thanks

Frank

·
Registered
29 Posts
it's the switch...i've been through 3 of them. ford charged me 95 for part and labor and the third time just for the part. wow, what a great bunch of guys

Sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts