TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched but coulndt find anything simular to my problem. I just picked up some Dynabrite Xenon Blue "H.I.D" Bulbs from my job. My buddy put them on his car and they looked sick, so i decited to give them a shot. The low beams work, and the high beams work, the only thing that doenst work now is when i flick the lever towards me, to flash my brights, the highs no longer come on with the lows. They did with the Piaas i had in before. Im just wondering if the bulbs are too strong for the stock harness, the output on the box says 110/100w and i just looked up the Piaa Xtreme Whites that i had in before and it says 120/110w.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup that was the problem, just ran out there now, checked the lighter, nothing, popped the fuse box cover off, popped out the fuse and bingo, replaced it n its working great, the ligher actually heats up faster now too alot faster, thanks a lot man, i appreciate it

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Tbird did you get one of those crap offroad illegal HID kits? Or just imitation "HID" bulbs that LOOK like HID from a standard halogen bulb?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
" I just picked up some Dynabrite Xenon Blue "H.I.D" Bulbs from my job." Hence the word Bulbs nothing about a kit. Problems fixed anyway, the fuse blew, must have happend when i used my cig lighter to light one of my cigars on monday,

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Glad ya got it. :D The fuse could of blown because you accidently ground something when you installed the lights, so I would double check the connections and wireing to make sure you don't have a future problem.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually my cig lighter was hardly working, and i had to hold it down for the lighter to get red, so im guessing i held it down for a bit too long and the fuse blew, cause now it locks in place and pops out glowing in 2 seconds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts