TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, I want to separate the lens from the main piece of my headlights to clean the inside. Would a heat gun work, or are we talking about ALOT more heat like an oven for a small amount of time.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
I got mine apart by running them under hot water for a few minutes. This also helps to clean and flush the dust out from inside the lamp.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I had an extra driver side headlight, so I put that one on. I still CANNOT get the lense apart on the headlight I took off the car.

I'm about to the point to take a hammer.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
the insides of the headlights do NOT yellow. i know this since i have taken apart and cleaned many headlights. i dont use any heat at all. the coug lights are tough to get apart. i happen to have a clear set of coug lights for sale. lemme know.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
yes, these will fit on a 95. i will need your old headlights anyways to continue my business. thats how it works :) i charge $60 plus shipping (usually around $10), and you send me your old lights in the box when you receive my clear ones.

those clear 'nuff for ya? :D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
big mike said:
the insides of the headlights do NOT yellow. i know this since i have taken apart and cleaned many headlights. i dont use any heat at all. the coug lights are tough to get apart. i happen to have a clear set of coug lights for sale. lemme know.
Mine cleaned up real good on the outside, but they seem to have cracks(spiderweb looking) on the inside. Have you run accross this or did I not sand the outside good enough?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
big mike said:
nope, sure havent. i have never sanded. try using a finer grit sandpaper. are you sure the cracks are on the inside?
I used the tech article method of using finer and finer sandpaper, then move on to 0000 steel wool, then the polish.

I have also used the maguires plastic polish.

I'll have to do more inspection, but the outside feels smooth, so I thought it was probably on the inside of the lense.

Thanks,
Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts