TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thanks to everyone who gave me help and info on the discoloration of my heads. I have the heads off now and looked at the cylinder walls and they still have the factory crosshatching on it from the original bore. I was pretty shocked to see that. You can't really tell in the pics but they are there. Also I found the hardest thing so far in the process is the damn oil dipstick tube removal. I got a little upset at it.

if anyone has questions about the removal let me know...always willing to help fellow 4.6ers

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
mine had the crosshatching as well... very sweet!

it was scarey after i took a break and looked at what i did

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a good feeling though isn't it....ive been doing this project myself and when I finished and looked back i was like damn.....I did all that???

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
your PC is crappy.. his engine still has coolant in it.. as does one of his cylinders!!

heh,

that why you supposed to flush coolant system FIRST! :D

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Just wait till you have to put that dipstick tube (or a new one...) back in. A major PITA

Joe

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No its covered in a protective paint so i can dump oil and suck on it wihtout staining it. Yeah i know it'd be easier to take the engine out but I just don't have the means to do so. I'm doing fine the wya it is.

yeah i am going to have to buy a new one....I can't be any harder than it was to take that damn thing out....:2huh:

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Aww man, you are going to be hating life when you try to put a dipstick back in! It took me and Matt about an hour to get mine in.

....that didn't sound right....sorry.:confused:

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
dude mine went in like nothing.... engine in the car and all.... Don't see the big deal...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i will be putting it back in today....any tips or hints to make it smooth

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I just did something similar to this a few months ago. Got it all back together, had it running and found out that there was a problem with one of the heads leaking between the spark plug threads on the compression stroke.....had to take it all apart again. What fun. :mad:

Looks good man. Your moving along nicely. :)

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
hahah Don't be like me and put the trigger wheel on backwards. Make sure you put that on correctly... Everything else is pretty straight forward... It's a good time...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are you talking about the sprocket that says front and rear on it??!?!?! ;)

AEDM8 how did you overcome that problem any suggestions....i've got one head on and putting the other on shortly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts