TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to a friend of mine that's out of work and we're going to install the heads on my lincoln (finally) -- looking for some opinions.

I'm debating on doing the headers at the same time -- but can't do the exhaust all the way back at that time (no welder @ his place) and would do later - good idea? bad idea?

Tune - probably should get it done at that point as well ... maybe injectors while I'm at it (130k on the car). Good idea? Bad idea?

If you've done major work on a DOHC, what other things should I replace/consider while its stripped? Alright, fire away.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
definitely get newer injectors.....you can find a set of terminator 39 lb/hr injectors on svtperformance for $100 all day long....and since you need a tune to run non-stock injectors, get a newer mustang or cobra 80mm maf as well, so it can be incorporated into the tune

new timing chains, and new tensioners (cast iron) would be a good idea too, as well as new guides

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will it run long enough for me to DRIVE it to a tune shop? (I know its the resistance or is it impedence thats different between injectors right?) Don't know any right off in the columbus ohio area.

got a link for that mckinney?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts