TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I need to have my heads milled and also a valve job done. I live in Austin, TX and was wondering if anyone can recommend a local pro who would do this right for a reasonable amount.
Or should I send the heads out?
How much should I start saving for this?

Thanks!
Lou

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
call up local engine rebuilding shops. see how much they charge. you're probably looking around $200-300 for the work, provided you take just the heads to them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike! Do you think that cost would include complete valve job?

I'll call around tomorrow. Anybody know of any good shop/mechanic?

Thanks again.
Lou

·
Registered
460 Posts
Man San Antonio is full of speed shops. When I was out there I remeber seeing a shop out in Live Oak that had a pretty impressive array of muscle cars out front, mostly GM, but it's a start. Funny thing though is that on the other end of the building was an import with an equal discusting showing of rice.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the road that it is on, would have to go and look at the speeding ticket I got on the same road. Only thing I remeber off the top of my head is that they were building a new water tower on the hill above. (I remeber this because I had to turn at the water tower to get to my cousin's house.

If you want I'll look it up tommorow.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey, I live in Schertz, right next to Live Oak, Cibolo, Universal City, Selma. Did you find out what road the shop is on?? I know a lot of the shops around here, but i'd like to know which one you are talking about.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Mission Auto Parts, San Antonio, Texas. The d00d told me they love Fords there when I visited a couple of weeks back. They used to help Mike Murillo iirc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts