TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to spread a word of warning about Greyhound Bus Freight Services.

Here's the scoop.

I ordered a rear bumper cover from a 95 supercoupe from a guy I know in Texas. I have dealt with him several times, and has been great. Anyway, I was talking to him and asking if he knew of a way to ship the bumper because UPS or Fedex say it is too big for them to handle. He came about greyhound bus freight through doing some searches, and a coworker of his had dealt with them before without a problem a few years back.

So, he sent the bumper to me in New York with their "express" service. It had a estimated time of 7-10 business days. He telephoned me and emailed me a scan of the receipt, and told me to telephone the greyhound station to arrange pickup on such and such a date.

So, I leave work early and call them up to arrange pickup. I ask if the package had arrived, and the guy tells me "just come down and pick it up". So, I leave work early to pick it up because they are only open until 2pm or something like that. So, I drive to a shady part of downtown buffalo, and pay for parking and get lost and finally find the bus depot.

I go to the freight department and ask to pick up the package. The guy I am talking to seems to have no idea what i'm talking about. I guess the guy I had spoken two had just left. The staff there really had no idea what was going on, instead of bringing up a package on the computer and retreiving it, the clerk asked me "how big the package was" and then searched a warehouse room for it. Anyway, they say that they "can't find" the package, and I was pretty mad because I was told otherwise on the phone. Anyway, I leave my name and number with the desk clerk idiot and he promises to "call me" when it arrives. For some reason i knew this idiot wasn't going to call anyone.

Of course he never telephones me. I call them back in a week and they say the package was there, but they shipped it back because I never claimed it.

So then I call the shipper in Texas and he makes a few calls to customer service. He calls me back saying he's never been so ticked off in his life. No one knows where the bumper is, since they have no tracking number system for packages. They also told him that he could not file a insurance claim for one month, because it "might" show up.

So, he finally filed for the insurance claim, and the greyhound company dragged their feet for the past 5 and a half months on this deal. By law they must issue a check in six months time, and every time I or him called, they made us full aware of this that they would take the full time alloted by law.

So, I have to wait six months to get insurance money for a stupid tbird bumper. I'm kind of glad I am getting money instead of the bumper because I don't even own the car anymore.

So, the bottom line is draw your own conclusions, but I would stay away from this unorganized unprofessional shipping company.
JH

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. And thanks for the other tip, too. I must break into the shipping warehouse and find that bumper! :ztoohot:

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
the BEST PART???

the friggen receipt has a damn tracking number on it.....

they shipped us somethign from GA to FL via greyhound.. it got here 2 hours early.. bus broke down so it then showed up 2 hours late.. we came in middle and they couldn't find it.. so they sent it back to GA.. stopped two buses midway, and sent it back when we called.. and finally had to pick it up at 8am..

morons.. total morons.. what's the trackin number for??? oh.. thats just for peace of mind.. we don't have a working computer tracking system.

Idiots...

·
Formerly known as lfteyechicken
865 Posts
damn, thats why I deal with yellow frieght, I don't trust greyhound when they say leave the driving to us, that is unnerving.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Hmm. I had two good experiences with them. I just sent out my SHO's rear bumper to FL, hope it gets there OK. doesn't help that the buyer gave me the "wrong" telephone number. (how the hell? :confused: )

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
I've had one slightly bad experience with them out of six. I don't particularly like the way that they conduct their business (they don't do a very good job of keeping track of shipments), but they are often much cheaper than other means of frieght for large but light items.

When it comes to shipping engines, transmissions, and things of that nature, I usually stick with ABF or Yellow Frieght.

-Rod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts