TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so when I bought this car the two hoses that I assume were meant to go to the heater core were disconnected. I am under the impression that the one on the right attaches to the one on the right and vise versa for the left side. now if i were to connect the two lines in front(or the ones that clearly are not the heater core)would that be a viable bypass?

·
Super Moderator
16,743 Posts
Link doesn't work.

Yes, you loop the intake outlet with the heater tube inlet. Are you saying that up until now the heater hoses have been completely disconnected? That'll explain the overheating issues :eek:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i really don't know much about this ride, this is in fact my first car to have more than 4 cylinders. like i said before this was all torn apart when I bought it. also I can't seem to find a very concise diagram of this car's cooling system. think back flushing it will help me find any problem spots?

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Well, you need to get everything hooked up correctly first. Search around here on the forums. It's out there.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i would bet the core is leaking. most likely why they disconnected it. didnt want to go through the whole 'rip the dash out to change it' thing.

its actually not that difficult either... try doing one on a volkswagon jetta, you'll love your Tbird core change....

if it is indeed leaking, for now just go get yourself a looped molded hose with the right size ends and pop it on the valley tube, and the back of the intake. problem solved.

edit:

so while looking through the other thread you've got up i ran across this.

172k and i've already replaced the therm, radiator, ect sensor and water pump. I still seem to have cooling issues though, the only thing that I haven't replaced that might is the heater core(which is broken.)
so the heater core is indeed 'broken' then. and it wasnt bypassed before?! was their coolant hemorrhaging out of the engine bay?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
i would bet the core is leaking. most likely why they disconnected it. didnt want to go through the whole 'rip the dash out to change it' thing.

its actually not that difficult either... try doing one on a volkswagon jetta, you'll love your Tbird core change....

if it is indeed leaking, for now just go get yourself a looped molded hose with the right size ends and pop it on the valley tube, and the back of the intake. problem solved.

edit:

so while looking through the other thread you've got up i ran across this.

so the heater core is indeed 'broken' then. and it wasnt bypassed before?! was their coolant hemorrhaging out of the engine bay?
lots of unanswered questions I've noticed here lately.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts